Clutch bags for special occasions
Not all handbags are ideal for a wedding or party look; to wear a beautiful dress and combine it with a large shoulder bag is a big mistake that we should avoid.
You shouldn’t carry a huge handbag all the time on your shoulder just to keep your mobile, money and cosmetics. Here is where small and very useful bags come into the picture.
The perfect bag to go to a fancy event should be small and elegant, and the handbags that meet these requirements are the clutch bags.
For those who do not know what bag we are talking about, it is a small bags that you hold with your hand, and is usually rigid or semi rigid.
What size is a clutch-bag? the variety have increased nowadays, so they are available in all shapes and sizes. But the smaller it is, the more elegance and personality will bring to your wardrobe.
Clutch bags for Weddings
Choosing the perfect rigid bag to go to a wedding is essential to get a radiant and complete look. Sometimes it is difficult to choose, we have many options and we do not want to make a bad choice. So today we will see what kind of clutch bags are ideal to attend a fancy event, and give you some tricks to choose the best option.
1. If you wear dark colors, choose a bag that brings life to your look, for example a bright colored bag
2. If your dress has a print on it, your best option will be a discreet and plain clutch that goes unnoticed.
3. If it is a wedding at night choose a clutch of metallic or textured materials. Sequins, crystals and glitter fabrics will also be a good choice.
4. When a wedding is daytime the clutch with less sparkle and more discreet will be the best option.
5. Inside the clutch place only a few things. The lipstick, the mobile phone and the keys should be enough. The fewer things you carry in your bag, the better.
6. Combining the bag with the shoes is an option, sometimes a myth! It looks nice and it may be fine, but if this rule doesn’t apply to you, it is no a problem.
7. If you can choose, I recommend that you opt for a clutch with chain or handle, it will always be more bearable. If you do not have that option, remember that the best way to wear it is relaxing the arm and placing it underneath (or placing it in the form of a 90º angle)
Clutch bags for Brides
In 2016, it was said that the clutch was the new “bridal bouquet”. This was ideal for more unique brides who were looking for an alternative to the traditional bridal bouquet and who wanted to splurge elegance and glamour.
The handbag is a perfect complement to create a spectacular bridal look, since it is the quintessential party bag, the one that every woman carries to accompany her best outfit. It is a small accessory that combines shapes, colors and materials. In the case of bridal one it is very likely that it will be white.
Another option that you can contemplate is to wear a beautiful bridal bouquet during the ceremony, and later when it’s time to party, exchange it for a beautiful clutch.
Depending on the style of bride you are and the dress that you have chosen, you can choose some materials or others and even use the clutch to add a touch of color to your look.
As we mentioned, depending on the style of the bride you are, you have two options: opt for a completely white clutch to match your bridal look. Or, if you like to bring some contrast to your look, you can choose a clutch in silver, gold, print or pastel color, among many other options.
Defining your style with clutchs
You have a wide range of options, from the design and the format, to the fabric and the material: silk, velvet, beaded, rhinestones, embroidered, lace, embellishments, pearls, diamonds, feathers…and list goes on and on.
Take advantage of the style of your clutch to combine it with your jewelry, bridal shoes, or with your wedding belt. You can use it to match a part of your dress. For example, you can choose a clutch with the same lace used on your wedding dress.
Choose a clutch with pearls for a more classic bridal look; opt for the rhinestones for a look with extra glamour; opt for embroidery if you are going for a vintage look.
We know that the wedding dress is the star, but every detail matters.
Clutch bag for Graduation
You’ve worked very hard to reach this great goal, and the last thing you want is for you to go unnoticed in this special day.
During the day
For an evening party or a full day ceremony, you must choose the right style, the right dress design, the shoes that best match your outfit, the necessary accessories, the hairstyle… and don’t forget the clutch!
Nothing speaks better of your style than to choose the clutch that best integrates with the colors and design of your outfit. For example, if you have chosen an earth tone for your dress, such as brown, brick, ocher or terracotta, a clutch with a reptile or leopard faux skin will mark an incredible exotic and striking touch in your look.
During the night
If your outfit is for the evening and you chose a sober color, wear a clutch of a similar color, with metallic details or with sparkly rhinestones design. It will give you a touch of magic to your look . On the other hand, if your evening dress is full of sequins or eye-catching details, you can opt for a plain color clutch close to the color of your dress.
You should not forget that, in addition to that touch of sophistication and personality that your clutch will give you, it is also a very useful and functional accessory.
Which clutch bag to choose according to dress colors
Without a doubt, one of the most often questions is what colors to choose for your clutch according to your gown. And although this will depend a lot on the total look, the fabric, your personality, and the season, here is a small guide with combinations of tones that never fail.
The golden rule is always balance. That is, if your dress has a print in red, pink and green, with a predominantly red shade, our accessories should always be in one of the colors that it is not as predominant in the gown. In this case, pink or green.
Here we have some examples of great combinations:
– Clutch bag for blue dress: any shade of blue will be impressive with coral. However the navy blue combined with emerald green are a great couple as well.
– Clutch bag for mint dress: a very popular tone! This color goes great with fuchsias, lilacs or purples. Although nudes, silver or gold can be good options as well.
– Clutch bag for red dress: I think that same as black, red is the color that is most versatile to combine. The best known and most common are red and black, red and nude or red and gold, but I also like the result when combined with dark green or bottle green. And if you like to follow trends, the fuchsia-red will be your combination, or even red-orange.
– Clutch bag for black dress: Besides being the color of sophistication by excellence, it allows you an infinite number of combinations: gold, nudes, red and green emerald or yellows. The sky is the limit.
– Clutch bag for yellow dress: a whole range of blues are a great option, but right now yellow-turquoise or yellow -purple combination are trendy. Also fuchsia is usually a suitable alternative.
– Clutch bag for green dress: in this case, gold-green or green-fuchsia always tends to be a very successful combination.
-Clutch bag for fuchsia dress: one of my favorite combinations is the fuchsia & black, but if you are a little more daring you will love the fuchsia and blue combo.
The clutches are very common for weddings and night events, and they bring the highest distinction and elegance to your wardrobe, but now they have also been incorporated in the day-to-day outfits, bringing some sort of sophistication to the most casual look. Distinguished, elegant, innovative and different, they have deserved a special place in our wardrobe.